The Bank was founded in 1904 as Western State Bank. In 1927 it merged with Home State Bank and eventually adopted the name Western National Bank. The trade name WesternBank N.A. was adopted in 1997. The original Main Office in West Duluth was built in 1929 and through an expansion in 2006, was combined with the Express Office, which was originally built in 1985. The Downtown Office was opened in 1994. The Super One Office was opened in 1997.
WesternBank N.A. has been committed to servicing our customers and the local community for over 100 years. As a hometown bank with local decision-making, we are dedicated to producing and offering to our community a wide range of banking services of exceptional value. Utilizing talented, knowledgeable employees and quality, highly accurate delivery systems to provide these products and services to the people of Duluth and its neighboring communities.